Ireland Bike Fest and Wild Atlantic Way Tour
Are you ready for an epic adventure? Look no further than our Ireland BikeFest motorcycle tour! We’ve designed a journey that will take you through breathtaking scenery on some of the best motorcycling roads in the country. And the grand finale? Ireland BikeFest, a gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts from all over the world. Get ready to explore the raw and exhilarating Wild Atlantic Way, the longest defined coastal touring route in the world. You’ll ride through not one, not two, but five stunning coastal counties. Finish up with three nights at The Brehon, a luxurious four-star hotel located right next to Ireland Bike Fest Killarney. Get ready to experience the ultimate adrenaline rush on two wheels in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Motorcycle Festival in Ireland
Celebrating its 15th year, Ireland BikeFest Killarney is a must-attend annual international motorcycle festival attracting all brand bike enthusiasts in their tens of thousands from all over the world. As one of Europe’s premier free open motorcycle festivals, this 3-day motorcycle and music extravaganza takes place across Ireland’s June Bank Holiday weekend and plans on going larger again in 2023.
The motorcycle & Gear
- BMW Rental Motorcycles equipped with panniers, removable linings and top box
- GPS Satellite Navigation with pre-programmed routes carefully planned by LemonRock
- Comprehensive motorcycle insurance once you meet our insurer’s requirements, subject to excess (see T&C’s)
- Full orientation to make sure you feel comfortable riding the bike prior to your tour
- Unlimited mileage
- Breakdown cover & puncture repair kit
- Begin your tour with the bike fully fuelled, to be returned with a full tank
Accommodation, Food & Other Details
- 8 nights accommodation in 3 & 4 star and hotels. Start & finish your tour in the heritage town of Trim, Co. Meath.
- Stay 3 nights at the 4 star hotel & spa, The Brehon, located on the grounds of Ireland BikeFest.
- Visit and stay at the towns of Westport, Ballyvaughan, Dingle as you ride south to Bike Fest
- Personal chauffeur airport transfers from and return to Dublin airport
- Irish breakfast every morning of your tour
- Evening Dinner 1 night at The Brehon
- Access to a personal app / virtual roadbook which you can download to your smartphone
- Enjoy a welcome drink on the evening of your arrival
- Lemonrock merchandise (T-Shirt, neck-buff & earplugs)
- Complimentary luggage storage at our premises
|May 27th - June 4th 2024
|9 days vacation, 7 riding days
|8 nights bed & breakfast in fantastic 3 & 4 star hotels and B&B's
|1700km, riding approx 212km per day
|Intermediate: Routes include switchbacks and narrow roads
|Cliffs of Moher, Ireland Bike Fest, Killarney, Dingle, Westport
Some pictures of this tour!
Day 2 – 242 Km – Overnight Westport, Co. Mayo
- Head West! – Ride though the Hidden Heartlands of Ireland taking some of the lesser known roads.
- Visit Kilbeggan Distillery for a morning coffee stop
- Stop off at Sean’s Bar – Ireland Oldest Pub and enjoy a leisurely lunch, with views of the River Shannon
- Overnight in the fun town of Westport
Day 3 – 225 Km – Overnight Ballyvaughan , Co. Clare
- Ride through Connemara
- Head south by Doolough Pass
- Killary Harbour – Ireland’s only fjord
- Pass through Galway City along the waterfront and head into South Galway.
- Superb biking roads will bring you to the sea side town of Ballyvaughan
Day 4 – 265 km Ballyvaughan to Dingle
- The Cliffs of Moher in County Clare are Ireland’s most visited natural attraction with a magical vista that captures the hearts of one million visitors every year and are a Signature Discovery Point in the heart of the Wild Atlantic Way. They stretch for 8km as the crow flies, along the Atlantic coast of County Clare in the west of Ireland and reach 214m (702 feet) at their highest point. Evening is the best time to view the Cliffs, in our experience, as the sun sets west over the Atlantic.
- Loop Head lighthouse on the most prominent point of Co. Clare provides special views and takes you along by the Kilkee Cliffs, which are similarly beautiful as the Cliffs of Moher, but certainly less of a tourist destination.
- Tarbert to Killimer Ferry – You cross the Shannon Estuary leaving Kerry and crossing into Co. Clare. Here you will appreciate one of the many wonders of the Wild Atlantic Way, with ever changing scenery.
- Ride down through the famous Conor Pass which is the highest mountain pass in Ireland, and provides the most dramatic and scenic way of entering Dingle. This narrow, twisting road runs between the town of Dingle and Kilmore Cross on the north side of the peninsula on through Castlegregory.
- Overnight in Dingle – famous for its music, pubs and attractive harbour.
- After dinner, an optional ride out around Slea Head, where the most wonderful sunsets can be viewed.
Day 5 – 260 Km – Dingle to Killarney, via Ring of Kerry
- Ride along the southern shore of Dingle Peninsula before arriving in Killorglin, where you will begin the Ring of Kerry
- Cahirsiveen, Mountain Stage, Kells Bay, Glenbeigh – these are famous parts of The Ring of Kerry. You can switch off your intercoms and enjoy the spectacular views in silence!
- The Skellig Ring scenic drive starts in Waterville and takes in the wonderful Valentia Island accessed by bridge from the picturesque Portmagee and Ballinskelligs.
- Approaching Valentia Isalnd from Reenard Point, just outside Cahirsiveen, you can take a short 10 min ferry to Valentia Island
- Valentia Island – The Valentia Island Tetrapod Footprints are the most extensive of the four Devonian trackways in the world. Riding down the island you’ll access the mainland to Portmagee over a sea bridge.
- The Skellig Ring continues where you will come to the Kerry Cliffs, Coomskista Pass and weather permitting spectacular views of the famous Skellig Islands, home to Hans Solo of Star Wars fame. The more eagle eyed among you will also see the smallest of the 3 islands, which is called – Lemonrock, where we get our company name!
- Riding with Kenmare Bay on your right, you’ll divert up to see Staigue Fort.
- On reaching Kenmare, we take the route to Killarney over the famous Molls Gap through the Killarney National Park.
- Overnight in Killarney, Co. Kerry – home to Ireland BikeFest – the best motorcycle festival in Ireland.
- Unpack and relax as you enjoy the facilities of The Brehon for the next 3 nights.
DAY 6 & 7 – Ireland BikeFest – Optional ride outs
- Ireland BikeFest is at your doorstep. The original and best motorcycle festival in Ireland with live music, motorcycle displays and ride-outs are organized each day to allow you to explore Killarney National Park and its environs.
- Each night in the INEC convention centre free live bands are playing – just 200 yards from your hotel
Day 8 – Killarney to Trim – 336 Km
The ride back to Trim you can relax on the motorway, but we prefer to ride through a more scenic route in Ireland Hidden Heartlands.
Your route will take you along the south of the Shannon Estuary by passing Limerick City and northwards on the west side of Lough Derg, Killaloe, Portumna, Birr, Tullamore, Kinnegad and onto Trim, where you will overnight.
We will meet you on your arrival to Trim to pick up the bikes or the next morning if you prefer.
- We will meet you at your hotel to collect the bikes and riding gear and wish you farewell!
- Trim is a short distance from Dublin City – which has a regular bus service to the city centre.
- Alternately, you can get a 40min taxi ride direct to Dublin Airport.
Included in your tour package is a personalised itinerary which you can download to your phone.
We include everything from your flight details and airport transfers to hotel check in references. You’ll also find points of interest and our favourite places to explore along the riding route, as well as some frequently asked questions, contact numbers and manuals.
We will send this to you and your group ahead of time so that you can start reading before your trip! On arrival, we’ll also present you with a souvenir road book.
View more reviews here:
- *Bring your own motorcycle
- €3,980 with Suzuki DL650XT
- €4,260 with BMW R1300GS
- Other Bikes Available
- Single Room
- *Bring your own motorcycle
- €2,480 with Suzuki DL650XT
- €2,620 with BMW R1300GS
- Other Bikes Available
- Double or Twin Room